Once you have decided on the request, concierge service, bespoke or corporate event or travel arrangements you require, please carefully read the following conditions, as these form the basis of your relationship with Jolie concierge (‘Jolie Concierge’ or ‘Company’) a global bespoke luxury concierge company and with any supplier with whom you have a direct contract. Except where otherwise stated, these booking conditions only apply to leisure or business travel arrangements which you book with us and which we agree to make, provide or perform (as applicable) as part of our contract with you or, where we act as agent as set out below, arrange for you. All references in these booking conditions to “holiday”, “booking”, “contract”, “corporate event”, “bespoke experience or event,” “package”, “tour” or “arrangements” mean such leisure and/or business travel arrangements unless otherwise stated. In these booking conditions, “you” and “your” means all persons named on the booking or any of them as applicable (including anyone who is added or substituted at a later date).
- If you book only one type of arrangement with Jolie Concierge (for example a hotel only, airline tickets, private jet plane, yacht charter, exotic car, cruise, dinner or spa reservations only), Jolie Concierge acts only as a booking agent for the supplier of that arrangement (for example the hotel or airline tickets provider). Your contract for that arrangement will be with that supplier (in these conditions referred to as the “Third Party Supplier”) and not with Jolie Concierge. The Third Party Supplier’s own terms and conditions will apply to that contract in addition to the applicable parts of these conditions. You will receive the booking conditions of Jolie Concierge along with all the terms and conditions of the third party supplier.
- In most of the cases your contract will be directly with Jolie Concierge and, you will receive a contract agreement along with our terms and conditions.
- When you make a booking you guarantee that you have the authority to accept and do accept on behalf of your party the terms of these booking conditions.
Booking, Confirmation, Currency, Payment
- You may book by email, telephone, via our website or through one of our authorized agents. We will communicate with you by e-mail in relation to your booking (including sending you documents such as your confirmation and invoice) if you book online or otherwise provide us with an e-mail address, you must accordingly check your e-mails on a regular basis and should print and retain hard copies of all confirmation documents, e-tickets and other important communications. We will contact you by telephone if you do not provide us with an e-mail address. All the correspondences from Jolie Concerge will be sent by e-mail however depending on the third party supplier, certain documents may need to be sent by courier. References in these booking conditions to “send” and “in writing” include communication by e-mail and via our online booking facility where applicable. You may contact us by e-mail for any of the reasons mentioned in these booking conditions (for example, to request an amendment). All e-mails should be sent to email@example.com
- You must send us a fully completed booking form together with a deposit of 30% of the total cost of arrangement (leisure, corporate travel, bespoke event and experiences and/or concierge services) unless otherwise stated by a third party supplier. If you book less than 8 weeks before departure, full payment (100%) must be sent with your booking form unless otherwise decided by Jolie Concierge. Where we act only as agent (see clause 1(a)) you will be advised of the applicable deposit and payment timetable at the time of booking.
- On receipt of your completed booking form and the applicable payment, and providing your requested arrangement is available, Jolie Concierge will issue a confirmation invoice. It is at this stage that a binding contract comes into existence between you and Jolie concierge or between you and the Third Party Supplier, as applicable. Please note, though, that if you book a tailor-made corporate, leisure travel or an extension to a brochure tour, your accommodation, flights etc. will only be requested by Jolie Concierge once your booking form together with a deposit has been received. Your confirmation invoice, in this instance, will indicate your requested package cost and you will be advised of any accommodation, flights etc. which are still on request and not confirmed at the time the confirmation invoice is issued.
- Once payment has been made, any subsequent request to have that payment refunded and to pay by an alternative means may require you to pay an administration fee of €250.
- It is your responsibility to check the confirmation invoice and any other documents we send you carefully and to let Jolie Concierge or your travel agent/lifestyle manager knows immediately in the event of any error or inaccuracy, as it may not be possible to make changes later. Where we act only as booking agent for a Third Party Supplier we will have no responsibility for any errors in any documentation except where those errors were made by ourselves.
- The balance of the cost of your arrangements is payable not less than 8 weeks prior to departure, unless you are informed otherwise. If all payments (including any surcharge where applicable) are not received on time by Jolie Concierge, we (or we acting as agent for the Third Party Supplier where applicable) are entitled to assume that you wish to cancel your booking and will retain the deposit of 30% paid. If we do not cancel straightaway because you promise to make payment but you still fail to do so, you must pay the cancellation charges shown in the cancellation clause depending on the date we (or we acting as agent for the Third Party Supplier where applicable) reasonably treat your booking as cancelled by you.
- Providing full payment has been received, all necessary documents (if applicable) will be sent by emails to you before departure, before the start of the event (corporate or private) or concierge service. (Third Party Suppliers’ policies may vary) unless your booking is made within 6 weeks of departure, in which case final documents will be sent as soon as possible.
- Jolie Concierge accepts different methods of payment: Bank Transfer, Certified cheque, Cash, all major Credit Cards (American Express, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, JCB) and Paypal. We prefer payments of over $2,000 to be paid through certified cheque, bank draft or wire transfer.
- Payments with credit cards are subject to a 4% surcharge on the total amount.
- Jolie Concierge charges four currencies depending on the situation. We charge €EURO for all goods and services in Europe.and the rest of the world, $CAD for all goods and services in Canada, £GBP for all goods and services in the United Kingdom and $USD for all goods and services in the USA. It’s important to note the €EURO is the preferred currency.
- For private and corporate clients, Jolie Concierge charges four types of fees depending on the request and the situation. The four fees are a reservation fee, a trip planning fee, a service charge and a last minute/weekend surcharge.
- For all basic concierge services including but not limited to airlines, hotels, dinner, spa, nightlife reservations as well as suggestions, expert advices and all other non-complex concierge services and activities, Jolie Concierge will charge a NON-REFUNDABLE flat reservation fee between €50 up to €500 per person or for the whole group depending on the request. This reservation fee is the fee charged by Jolie Concierge to make a reservation for a private or a corporate client. Please note this reservation fee could be charged in € (EURO) or £GBP if applicable.
- For customized travel packages, weekend getaways and any other trips of a personal nature, Jolie Concierge will charge a NON-REFUNDABLE trip-planning fee between €500 up to €5,000 per person or for the whole group for our legwork, time and expertise. Please note this trip planning fee could be charged in € (EURO) or £GBP if applicable. The amount of the trip planning depends on the nature of the request and varies according to the number of travelers, the comple xity of the trip, and other factors such as the amount of notice we’re given. For example, please ask for details. This trip-planning fee is an addition to the cost of your customized travel package or concierge service.
- For complex goods and services including but not limited to yacht sales and charters, private jet sales and charters, sales and rentals of real estate (houses, chalets, apartments), sales and rentals of exotic luxury cars, VIP tickets to exclusive events and shows, VIP hospitality packages to sporting and lifestyle events, event planning, pre-made VIP packages, hard to find luxury items, collectibles and gifts and other non basic concierge services Jolie Concierge will add a service charge between 15% to 25% on the total cost of the goods or concierge services. The percentage of the service charge will vary depending on the comlecity of the request and the deadline we have.
- For any last minute (48hrs and less) requests, concierge services and activities requested on the weekend by private or corporate clients, Jolie Concierge will add a NON-REFUNDABLE last minute surcharge starting at $100 for the whole request or activity. Depending on the comlecity of the goods and services, the last minute surcharge can go up to 50% of the total amount of the cost of the request or activity. Please note this last minute surcharge fee could be charged in € (EURO) or £GBP if applicable.
- To plan, coordinate and manage any corporate event for organizations, Jolie Concierge will charge a NON-REFUNDABLE trip planning fee between 25% – 35% on the total expenditure costs.
- Jolie Concierge may also charges a minimum administration fee of €500 , $500 or £500 (depending on the situation) imposed by the currency exchange, shipping and handling of all bookings, reservations and travel arrangements when necessary.
- To start working on any complex concierge services, private or corporate event, extensive travel arrangements for corporate or private clients, to work on custom itineraries, Jolie Concierge requires a deposit payment between €500 and €2,000 depending on the comlecity of the request. The deposit payment is refundable at 50% if the client cancels the trip or the concierge service within 7 days of payment; otherwise the company retains the full deposit for its time and legwork. Please note this deposit will NOT become part of the total cost of the trip or concierge service. The amount could be charged in € EURO or £GBP if applicable.
- It is important to note that private and/or corporate clients can be invoiced for one, two, three or four fees if they require multiples concierge services and activities.
- Jolie Concierge has the right to charge a discretionary amount on some luxury concierge services under certain circumstances: short notice, urgent, once-in-a-lifetime experiences or very complex request from clients. The client will be notified of the fee before the service is rendered.
Alterations by you
- If you wish to make any amendments to your travel arrangement after the confirmation invoice has been issued, you must inform us in writing and we will do our best to help. Please note however that if you (i) change to a different departure date, cruise or destination or (ii) change your booking less than 8 weeks before departure, this will be treated as a cancellation and a new booking and you will be liable for the cancellation charges set out in the cancellation clause. In the event a change can be made, you must pay all costs and charges incurred or imposed by any of our suppliers (or Third Party Suppliers where applicable) together with an amendment fee of €150 per booking before the change can be made.
- If you wish to change any aspect of your travel arrangement after it has commenced, Jolie Concierge and/or their agents will do their best to assist, subject to you being responsible for any cancellation charges that may be levied for the arrangements originally booked, for the cost of your new arrangements and for any costs incurred by Jolie Concierge and/or their agents in attempting to secure or securing any revised arrangements.
Changes or alterations by us or the Third Party Supplier
- This clause 5(a) applies only if your contract is with us. Occasionally, we have to make changes to and correct errors in website and other details both before and after bookings have been confirmed and cancel confirmed bookings which we reserve the right to do. Most changes are minor. Occasionally, we have to make a “significant change”. If we have to make a significant change or cancel, we will tell you as soon as possible. If there is time to do so before departure, we will offer you the choice of the following options:- (i) (for significant changes) accepting the changed arrangements or(ii) purchasing an alternative holiday from us (paying or receiving a refund in respect of any price difference) or (iii) cancelling or accepting the cancellation in which case you will receive a full and quick refund of all monies you have paid to us. Please note, the above options are not available where any change made is a minor one. If we have to make a significant change or cancel, we will, where compensation is appropriate, pay you compensation of up to a maximum of 2% of the total holiday price.
- This clause 5(b) applies if your contract is with a Third Party Supplier. If the Third Party Supplier changes or cancels your booking we will pass on the new details to you together with any compensation that the Third Party Supplier may offer. As booking agent only for the Third Party Supplier we cannot accept any liability for any changes or cancellations made to these bookings.
You are strongly recommended to purchase an insurance policy that covers personal liability, personal accident, lost and delayed baggage, medical expense, cancellation insurance and more at the time of booking your holiday or travel arrangements. Travelers assume full responsibility for any loss, injury, death or damage to them, their family or their dependants arising in connection with their participation, or the participation of their family, in the trips, and for ensuring that they have adequate insurance coverage to cover any loss endured. Jolie Concierge does NOT provide insurance policy and cannot accept any liability for any loss.
Neither Jolie Concierge nor The Third Party Supplier can accept liability or pay compensation to terminate this contract for any failure to perform hereunder where such failure is proximately caused by a Force Majeure Occurrence. A “Force Majeure Occurrence” shall mean an occurrence beyond the control and without the fault or negligence of the party affected and which by exercise or reasonable diligence the said party is unable to prevent or provide against. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, force majeure occurrences shall include: acts of nature (including fire, flood, earthquake, storm, hurricane or other natural disaster), war, invasion, acts of foreign combatants, terrorists acts, military or other usurped political power or confiscation, nationalization, government sanction or embargo, labor disputes of third parties to this contract, or the prolonged failure of electricity or other vital utility service. Any Party asserting Force Majeure as an excuse to performance shall have the burden of proving proximate cause, that reasonable steps were taken to minimize the delay and damages caused by events when known, and that the other Party was timely notified of the likelihood or actual occurrence which is claimed as grounds for a defence under this clause.
Cancellation by you
- Should you wish to cancel your booking you must notify Jolie Concierge in writing. This cancellation will be effective on the day we receive your written notification. Please state the reason(s) for your cancellation as you may be covered by your insurance policy. Claims must however be made direct to your insurance company and NOT to Jolie Concierge. Depending on when notification of cancellation is received, the following cancellation charges will apply as follows:
Weeks prior to Departure Percentage of Holiday Price
Over 8 weeks Deposit 25%
Between 4-8 weeks 45%
Between 2-4 weeks 65%
Between 1-2 weeks 80%
Less than 7 days 100%
- No allowance or refund can be made for meals, rooms, excursions, pre-paid hotels, tours and services, luxury concierge services and more etc., included in the price of your travel arrangement but not taken, nor can any refund be made for lost, mislaid or destroyed travel tickets or vouchers. Part cancellation of a booking may result in increased costs for the remaining party members.
- If your reason for cancelling is because of events beyond your control (ex illness, death of a close friend, relative etc..), you may transfer your booking to another party provided that you give us reasonable notice to make such arrangements and that you and the transferee agree to be jointly and severally liable for any outstanding payment under the contract.
Conditions of Prices
- Where your contract is with Jolie Concierge then once the price of your chosen concierge service or travel arrangement has been confirmed at the time of booking, we will only change it in the following circumstances. A surcharge or refund (if applicable) will be payable, subject to the conditions set out in this clause, if our transportation costs (e.g. fuel, scheduled airfares and any other airline surcharges which are part of the contract between airlines (and their agents) and the tour operator) or dues, taxes or fees payable for services such as landing taxes or embarkation or disembarkation fees at ports or airports increase or decrease or our costs increase or decrease as a result of changes in the exchange rates which have been used to calculate the cost of your holiday.
- Our prices always list what is included and what is not included as specified in the contract. Please note additional expenses/charges incurred could be added at the end of a trip, private or corporate event, request and/or concierge service.
- All services are sold as a complete package. Jolie Concierge will NOT provide a breakdown of trip or event component costs to private or corporate clients. All costs quoted are based on availability and subject to change without notice. Fees whether they are reservation, trip planning, service charge or last minute/weekend surcharge are most of the times included. Depending on the concierge services, private or corporate event, and/or request, these four fees may be added on top of the final bill.
- Passports, visas and other travel documents: It is your responsibility that passports (with at least 6 months validity beyond the date of your return), visas, inoculation certificates and other necessary travel documents are in order BEFORE your travel begins. Jolie Concierge cannot accept liability for your failure to comply with any of these requirements and we reserve the right to charge you any costs incurred by us due to your failure in any of these respects. It is also your responsibility to check in for your flights by the correct time and to be in the right place at the right time for any travel arrangements. It is the responsibility of the person who makes the booking to ensure that all members of the party are in possession of all necessary travel, health (as well as necessary vaccination certificates) Before departure. We do not accept liability if you fail to do so and no credits or refunds for loss or mislaid air tickets or other travel documents.
- It is a condition of your contract with us that you act with reasonable prudence and circumspection whilst on holiday and that you comply with all health, security and safety requirements. When you book with us, you accept responsibility for any damage or loss caused by you or any member of your party. Full payment for any such damage or loss (reasonably estimated if not known at the time) must be paid direct at the time to the accommodation owner or manager or other supplier. If the actual cost of the loss or damage exceeds the amount paid where estimated, you must pay the difference once known. If the actual cost is less than the amount paid, the difference will be refunded. You will also be responsible for meeting any claims subsequently made against us and all costs incurred by us (including our own and the other party’s full legal costs) as a result of your actions. You should ensure you have appropriate travel insurance to protect you if this situation arises.
- As between you and Third Party Supplier which form part of your travel arrangement, their conditions of business will apply which may mean that you will be required by such suppliers to sign liability waivers or other documents given by the Third Party Supplier. It is your responsibility to be aware of that.
This clause 11(a) does not apply where your contract is with a Third Party Supplier
- We promise to make sure that the concierge service, private or corporate event or request we have agreed to make, perform or provide as applicable as part of our contract with you are made, performed or provided with reasonable skill and care. This means that, subject to these booking conditions, we will do our utmost care to create and deliver the perfect experience for you. Our aim is to provide you with reliable and personalized service based on your needs, preferences, tastes and budget. We will respond to your messages promptly and will keep you informed as your itinerary evolves.
- Please note it is your responsibility to show that reasonable skill and care have not been used if you wish to make a claim against us. In addition, we will only be responsible for what our employees, agents and suppliers do or do not do if they were at the time acting within the course of their employment (for employees) or carrying out work we had asked them to do (for agents and suppliers).
- We will not be responsible for any injury, illness, death, loss (for example loss of enjoyment), damage, expense, cost or other sum or claim of any description whatsoever which results from any of the following: – the act(s) and/or omission(s) of the person(s) affected or any member(s) of their party or the act(s) and/or omission(s) of a third party not connected with the provision of your holiday which were unforeseeable or unavoidable or ‘force majeure’ as defined in clause 7.
- Please note we cannot accept responsibility for any services that do not form part of our contract. This includes, for example, any additional services or facilities which your hotel, cruise provider or any other third party supplier who agreed to provide for you where the services or facilities are not advertised in our brochure/website and we have not agreed to arrange them and any excursion you purchase in resort. In addition, regardless of any wording used by us on our website, in any of our brochures or elsewhere, we only promise to use reasonable skill and care as set out above and we do not have any greater or different liability to you.
- The promises we make to you about the services we have agreed to provide or arrange as part of our contract – and the laws and regulations of the country in which your claim or complaint occurred – will be used as the basis for deciding whether the services in question had been properly provided.
- As set out in these booking conditions we limit our liability or the maximum amount we may have to pay you for certain claims you may make against us. Where we are found liable for damage, our maximum liability to pay you compensation is limited to a full refund of fees we have charged you for the provision of the service. These fees maybe a reservation fee, a trip planning fee, a service charge or a last minute surcharge. We do not offer compensation to a full refund of the request, private or corporate event cost or travel arrangement, as we are not a travel or event planning agency.
- Please note, we cannot accept any liability for any damage, loss, expense or other sum(s) of any description (i) which on the basis of the information given to us by you concerning your booking prior to our accepting it, we could not have foreseen you would suffer or incur if we breached our contract with you or (ii) which did not result from any breach of contract or other fault by ourselves or our employees or, where we are responsible for them, our suppliers. Additionally we cannot accept liability for any business losses.
- We are not responsible for any incorrect information in brochures or websites supplied by ourselves but produced by a Third Party Supplier.
Complaints and Problems
If you have a complaint about any of concierge service, request, corporate or private event and/or travel arrangement booked with or through Jolie Concierge, you must tell us right away. We will then take all reasonable steps to help you. If you fail to do this, any right to compensation, which you may have, will be extinguished or reduced. If your contract is with a Third Party Supplier, as we act only as agent, we cannot accept any liability for the arrangements provided by that Third Party Supplier. Any assistance provided in resolving a complaint in relation to any bookings of this type is provided on a goodwill basis and in our capacity as booking agent.
Your relationship (and any contract you may have) with Jolie Concierge or with any Third Party Supplier and any dispute or other matters arising from it shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws in force in the Province of Rome, by the laws in force in the Government of Italy. Should any provision of the Conditions of Service or Terms and Conditions be deemed invalid by a court having jurisdiction, such provision will be dissociated from the other provisions of the Terms and Conditions, and the latter will remain in effect.
If you have any queries or complaints in regards to these booking conditions or Terms and Conditions please write to Jolie Concierge, 00100 V.B, Rome, Italy or through email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated September 2018.